Mould making disaster

We did some mould making yesterday who h was a bit of a disaster with the polyurethane positives. We didn’t put mold release and probably left it for too long. The positives didn’t come out from the mould. We could salvage only half.

We also lost a few mould because I stupidly pushed everything while opening the catalyst ( I think) and tried to fix it by random movement pair pouring silicone

This silicone had a fruity ester type smell. The catalyst smells of homeopathic medicine. and the silicone doesnt seem to give out formaldehyde after polymerization.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s